Monday, June 25, 2012

Lucerne to Grindelwald, Switzerland


We got a great breakfast at a café, and Dylan and I fed some sparrows on some steps where we had a picnic.  Aftewards, we walked up to see the old city wall and towers that were overlooking Lucerne. 
We climbed up to the top of two, one small and one big, and the bigger one had clock gears in it and pendulums and that was really cool. 

We walked back down along the city wall and went back to the hotel to pack up and leave Lucerne.

We took two amazing trains to Grindelwald, a village way up in the Alps.  There were waterfalls and mountains, waterfalls IN mountains, and huge snow-capped stony structures (also known as mountains – I didn’t want to write mountains so many times!).  This is from the train ride into Grindelwald:

We got to Grindelwald and were presented with four ginormous mountains right in front of us – Eiger, Wetterhorn, Shreckhorn, and I don’t remember (nice name, eh?).  The view from the hotel was spectacular.  They gave us a fruit bowl.  And chocolates.

Then we went on our first cable car up to Pfingstegg, a stop pretty high up the mountain called (I don’t remember).  


There was a little playground up there with another trampoline – I think that’s a thing in Switzerland: putting trampolines on top of mountains!  We had a little snack on the deck with an amazing view:



 and then rode back down, and later had dinner at the nice Italian restaurant on the deck outside behind our hotel, right underneath the giant mountains:
The view from dinner!




1 comment:

  1. I think jumping on a trampoline on a mountain is probably more exciting in-person ... because from my imagination on this couch, I feel like I'd be flung off the side of the mountain! lol

    ReplyDelete